Google messageofdaday

A set of famous sayings together, quotes pictures

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cricket quotes and sayings


I bowl my best when I'm fittest and the best way to get fit is to bowl. That's how you get your rhythm. You can't really find a rhythm by bowling in the nets.
- Brett Lee

Sachin Tendulkar is the hardest batsman I've ever had to bowl to because he judges the length a lot quicker than anyone else.
- Shane Warne

Cricket is basically baseball on valium.
- Robin Williams

That ball went so high it could have got an air hostess down with it.
- Sidhu

The gap between bat and pad is so wide you could have driven a car through.
- Sidhu

Cricket civilizes people and creates good gentlemen I want everyone to play cricket in Zimbabwe; I want ours to be a nation of gentlemen.
- Robert Mugabe

Anybody can pilot a ship when the sea is calm.
- Sidhu

Statistics are like miniskirts, they reveal more than what they hide.
- Sidhu

The pitch is as dead as a dodo.
- Sidhu

I have lost 10-12 kilos. The reason why I have lost weight is that I looked at the international schedule and thought that I wanted to play for another two years. It is a very hectic schedule and if I want to get through that then I have to be in the best shape that I can.
- Shane Warne

As a Test cricketer you expect that at times you’re going to be heckled, and you must have a thick skin.
- Brett Lee

One, who doesn’t throw the dice, can never expect to score a six.
- Sidhu

Wickets are like wives - you never know which way they will turn!
- Sidhu

Many Continentals think life is a game; the English think cricket is a game.
- George Mikes

The best way to get away from a crisis and yet hold on the reins without performance is to find a godfather who would save you at crisis and fool the entire world…This is how it has worked for me.
- Sourav Ganguly

0 Comments: